Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: Value of edge josekis reduced

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: Value of edge josekis reduced
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:38:38 -0800

> The reason I didn't have any second thoughts about reducing them all
> is because the rest of the EJ patterns after EJ4 were all j patterns
> instead of J.

This isn't true. Some are j and some are J. For example
EJ50 through EJ72 all have J.

> I think it is a general problem.  I ran all the tests and got, if I
> remember correctly, 12 PASSES and 4 FAILS.  I ran the tests on my fast
> computer at work, but now I am at home and can't remember exactly.

It might be interesting to see which tests PASS with this
patch. But I think Arend's point is right, what's wrong
with strategy 20 is that Q11 is undervalued, so changing
these from J to j isn't the right way to fix that test.
So if there are other tests where changing J to j fixes
the test, these might be examples of the same thing.

Dan