[GNUe] Installation on Windows...

From: Donna Eno, CCNA
Subject: [GNUe] Installation on Windows...
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:56:55 -0600

Total newbie here....too dumb to ask the right questions.  I have read the documentation et al and I have been tasked with being able to setup a platform whereby I can open, read and export into text all files with the .gfd extension.  We receive files from another company in a .gfd format and they are incompatible with anything we have...so I have to convert them.  So far I have discovered that these are created in GNUe forms.  So...I believe I have to setup a GNUe server etc.  (I hope this is right).  I'm a big fan of opensource, so this isn't to crushing a task, however, I am at a loss on how to do this.  I believe that I need the following:

Common Library
Forms
Reports
App Server (?)  not sure which version I should be using here...need a good production version
Navigator
Designer

I will be setting this up on a Windows XP machine and I will need the runtimes.  I will be building out a Postgresql database.  After that...not sure what the heck I'm doing.  Could use any pointers anyone can give me.  I already have the following databases:  SQL, MySQL, Oracle...I am VERY familiar with Postgresql so I thought that I would use that one for this.

deeno.
address@hidden