gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Parameter-Requesting From for Reports / GNUe Navigator

From: Johannes Vetter
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Parameter-Requesting From for Reports / GNUe Navigator
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:40:43 +0200

Hello,

As you might have noticed I've added the capability of generating a
parameter-, filter-, and destination-input-form to gnue-reports. This is
done by adding the "--interface" option to "gnue-reports", i.e.
gnue-reports --interface=gtk2 foobar.grd

If a report has no parameters, only filter, destinationtype and
destination will be queried. If parameters are given on the commandline
(as userParameters) their values will be taken as 'defaults' for the
input-form. The following Parameter-types are handled in a special way:

'date', 'time', 'datetime' will get an input and display-mask "%x",
"%X", "%x %X"
'boolean' will be of style 'checkbox'

We can imagine other types of parameters resulting in a 'better'
forms-code beeing generated (like support for dropdowns using
datasources and much more) ...

Besides this, I've changed gnue-navigator to make use of this new
feature. Parameters defined in the process definition (step) override
the parameters defined in the report.

Thanks,
Johannes

--
BYTEWISE Software GmbH          Tel +43 (5577) 89877-0
i.A. Johannes Vetter            Fax +43 (5577) 89877-66