Re: [open-cobol-list] Screen section under htcobol vs. cobc.

From: vince
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Screen section under htcobol vs. cobc.
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:47:11 +0000

On Wednesday 08 Feb 2012 17:15:16 john Culleton wrote:
> The program below is taken from the test.prog/test23 subdirectory of the
> tiny-cobol 66 files. It compiles and runs under htcobol with no
> problems (to be expected.) It compiles and runs via Open Cobol
> only with modifications:
> 1. I put 6 spaces on the left of each line and compiled it as fixed,
> which is apparently the original format (note comment line
> format).
> 2. On line 35 an error occurred. When I changed the word " color "
> to " background-color " it compiles OK. That is the version I show
> below.

Cant see that line but 'color' is not a format used for screen section or
display but foreground / background-color (and for some compilers
foreground/background-colour, note the 'u')  is.

> 3. When the listing below is compiled and run under cobc the screen
> format is jumbled. It is correct when compiled under htcobol.
>
> It is possible that the code is incorrect. It is also possible
> that cobc is less advanced in this area than htcobol. The Open
> Source Cobol manual is a bit sketchy in this area.

replace the test of '0267' with '1003' which is the correct test for F3, see
screenio.cpy.

Also I removed all of the 'comp' s to leave all values you display and accept
as type DISPLAY by default.

You never use other than display values on any compiler I have ever used
although comp does often work.

Now see if it is doing what you expect.

Vince