Re: [open-cobol-list] MS DOS: COBOL

From: bobray
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] MS DOS: COBOL
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:43:01 -0700

bobray wrote:
NO| is does not have all of the features of MS DOS COBOL (release 32), that was first available 15 years ago. A big feature is missing "THE SCREEN SECTION"... and also as far as I know you can NOT print to a printer, directly or indirectly to a queue. And I'M not sure but don't think OPEN COBOL supports standard line printer control characters in a print record??? Also I don't think there is a Chain command to exit one program. and execute another completely different program??? If I'm incorrect in any of these answers I'm hopeful that someone/anyone on the LIST will "please let me know"!!!
10-4 bobr

Etta David wrote:
*/Greetings all,/*
*//* */I studied cobol some 15 years ago on an MS DOS environment./*
*/I would like to know _if the some codes are still aplicable today and particularly if i can run the codes using open cobol_./* *//* */My next request is to get full info. on _downloading and installing open Cobol_./* *//* */I will be very happy if any body could provide me with this infos./*
*//* */Regards/*