[open-cobol-list] OT - Perl module with COBOL data types

From: David Essex
Subject: [open-cobol-list] OT - Perl module with COBOL data types
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:02:45 -0400

This is off topic but ...

There is a Perl module with COBOL data types called COBOL-IO(1).

From the COBOL-IO web site.

I have to deal with COBOL programs from time to time, usually to
manipulate data files, bringing them into a data base and/or updating
information in a data file for an existing COBOL application. To make
this process a little easier, I developed a Perl module for parsing the
Data Division definition from the COBOL source code and parse the data
on a workstation, which would then allow me to manipulate the data file
from Perl or a spreadsheet.

The COBGUI.pl file is a TK-based GUI front-end to the module, that will
allow you to specify the data file, COBOL source file, etc. and quickly
convert the data to a CSV file. You can then read the file into a
spreadsheet or database pretty easily.

1) COBOL-IO Perl Module
http://lizardslounge.org/cobolio.html