Re: What to call Guix

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: What to call Guix
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:52:34 GMT

FWIW, I have a personal aversion to the term "next generation".

> Perhaps "The GNU Project's avant-garde distribution of GNU/Linux".

I agree with the other comments that in practice people would simply
drop the "avant-garde", regardless of other issues with it.

Which leads me to think of: "A GNU Project distribution of GNU/Linux",
or equivalent, "A GNU/Linux distribution from the GNU Project" (or "by"
or "for" instead of "from"), where the "A" is the intended clue that it
is not *the* distribution.

Just a thought ...

karl