Re: x15

From: Aurélien DESBRIÈRES
Subject: Re: x15
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:36:04 +0100

Omar Radwan <address@hidden> writes:

>> Yes and most of that stuff from smartphone to internet of things and
>> robotics run on ARM architecture ... One of the reason FS need fully
>> free distro on that port.
>>
>> One of the reason why Parabola is trying to port it ...
>
> I think ARM is one of the most open architectures. Mainly because anyone
> can an ARM processor, given that he has the right equipment and resources.
> Well, you have to get a license from ARM holdings. But much better than the
> x86 market. Only 2 companies are allowed produce x86 processors: amd and
> Intel, and Intel is almost a monopoly in the market. Its the giant. The FSF
> should have encouraged ARM architecture since the beginning.

FSF does its best, maybe as you says they "should have encouraged ARM
architecture"

But the need of free distro is also important to do the job.

We have now free distro like Trisquel, gNewSense and Parabola that are
stable enough to support that sort of project technically, but, as RMS
told me one day approximatively like that (and he was right) :: idea are
great but who will do the hack?

And that point is really right, at this time we are doing our best in
that way, but we need hackers and material to realize that.

Some have already BeagleBone Black, but hackers ... we need more
hackers!

So if you or anybody here want to realease an ARM port ASAP our servers
and stuff are available to won that challenge!

A simple Parabola / ARM port should open the doors of Free Internet of Things

A Parabola / ARM port + a Free ROS open the doors of Free Robotics.

Hackers of the World, unit!

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

--
Aurelien Desbrieres