Re: The future of mobile computing.

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: The future of mobile computing.
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:11:56 +0000

Omar Radwan <address@hidden> writes:

> We just need a hardware design, manufacturers that will agree to
> assemble the hardware and either give us Free firmware, or make it
> easy for us to write our own, and start an indiegogo campaign.

Gee, that's all?

BTW, there is a GNU hacker who has moved into hardware, and particularly
embedded hardware, design.  I'm not sure if he's on this list, but look
into Rhombus Tech.  They've been working on it for a couple years now
and it looks like it's still not (consumer) ready, so I think your
estimates are a bit overoptimistic.  Still, in the long-term let's be
optimistic; we know that there are people at least working on it.

-brandon

--
Brandon Invergo
http://brandon.invergo.net