Re: Copyright assigments for the GNU system.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Copyright assigments for the GNU system.
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:41:17 +0200

          These programs would be GNU packages just as Emacs and GCC
          are.

       Of course, what I was asking is if they should be one big
       package, or several small ones.

   It depends on details.

I guess this can be arranged in due time... No hurry yet.

       I will ask Nick Moffitt if he would like to assign copyright
       for GAR (or some reincarnation of it) to the FSF.

   This request would have to be made in a very delicate way.  If it
   looks like we feel entitled to a yes answer, he could find it
   impertinent and get angry--with justification.

   Perhaps it is better if I ask him, since I know him.

Please do.  I haven't asked him since I wanted to know what you
thought about the issue first.

       Without any kind of modifications, no.  There are some things
       that I would like to see, and change in GAR.  These
       modifications could be sent upstream of course, and applied
       there.

   Let's try that approach first, ok?

Fine by me.  I'm not to fond of it, but it cannot hurt.

Happy hacking.