Re: Copyright assigments for the GNU system.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Copyright assigments for the GNU system.
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:30:07 -0400

       These programs would be GNU packages just as Emacs and GCC are.

    Of course, what I was asking is if they should be one big package, or
    several small ones.

It depends on details.

    I will ask Nick Moffitt if he would like to assign copyright for GAR
    (or some reincarnation of it) to the FSF.

This request would have to be made in a very delicate way.
If it looks like we feel entitled to a yes answer, he could
find it impertinent and get angry--with justification.

Perhaps it is better if I ask him, since I know him.

    Without any kind of modifications, no.  There are some things that I
    would like to see, and change in GAR.  These modifications could be
    sent upstream of course, and applied there.

Let's try that approach first, ok?