Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1089240] In search of FSF certification

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1089240] In search of FSF certification
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 11:21:39 -0700

Sounds great. What I think we will do is we will purge offending mozilla
products and possibly provide replacements. It will be done during June.
Then we'll give a shout-out for the final check both to you and the
linux-libre group.

Now, I have a somewhat technical question. As for firefox, there is an
excellent replacement, which is icecat, but after that it gets tricky.
We are kicking around the idea to build tbird, seamonkey (and possibly
also firefox)

(1) with branding disabled
(2) with "get addons" page set to a static message like "get them
yourself, make sure they are free"

Do you think that would be enough to make these packages free?