Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Violations of GPL in GuixSD packaging design

From: Riley Baird
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Violations of GPL in GuixSD packaging design
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 21:27:25 +1000

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 08:11:06 +0200
Jean Louis <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 06:20:41AM +1000, Riley Baird wrote:
> > > I have downloaded the wicd packages from GuixSD depository on
> > > https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org and I have searched for the copy of the
> > > license in the directory that was installed on my system. There was
> > > none. Please prove me wrong.
> >
> > I don't have enough time to test what you're saying, but the solution
> > that I mentioned in my last email would work and it would be simple to
> > implement.
> >
> > > I have some money for donations, but I don't have time to repair other
> > > maybe dozens, hundreds of packages and include licenses into it.
> >
> > How much would you be willing to pay for me to make the changes myself?
>
> Free software distribution shall upkeep the GPL policies by
> default. That is why they receive donations from people who like the 4
> software freedom. Everything else, on private email.

For the list: The rest of the discussion is being conducted by private
email, but I would just like to clarify that I am not part of the
GuixSD project, and the only reason that I offered work for payment was
that when I explained how Jean could make the changes themselves, they
said that they didn't want to.