gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] GNU Crypto 2.1.0 RC1

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] GNU Crypto 2.1.0 RC1
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:26:18 -0700

On Oct 11, 2005, at 5:24 AM, Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:

Hi Casey,

Casey Marshall wrote:

I've put a release candidate for GNU Crypto 2.1.0 here:
  http://syzygy.metastatic.org/gnu-crypto/
This will, if it works out okay, become the GNU Crypto 2.1.0 release. If you have a moment, please download it and try it out! Binary as well as source releases are available. However, please don't download this if you are merely interested in using it in a project of yours; I'm more interested in getting some feedback about how this release works, and if all goes well the final release will appear (on GNU mirrors) this weekend.

Aheem... Don't shoot me, but I will test compiling jar's from source, and test it integrated in cooperation with Jessie 1.0.1...

Okay. I should rephrase that: don't use this release if you aren't willing to upgrade again in a week or two; and especially, don't package this release for a distribution (Gentoo and Debian do, I believe, and maybe Fedora).

* The clean-room JCE, JAAS, JGSS, and SASL API's have been removed, and are now required as a part of the system you are targeting, meaning you will need a recent developer snapshot of GNU Classpath, or will need a runtime that supports the 1.4 security features, and has the SASL API introduced in 1.5.

Then the build.xml script should either be updated or removed.

Yes. I'd like to update it, but I may simply remove it for this release, since I won't have time to update it.

It still assumes that the sources are the primary stuff, hence you need indicating some parameters for ant:

$ ant -Dhave.jce=true -Dhave.jgss=true -Dhave.jaas=true - Dhave.sasl=true

However, I have just tested it in unison with Jessie, and it looks like it works... However, this is ofcourse a test of very little, I know - but it must be better than nothing :-)

Given that the regression tests pass, I do think this is okay. Absent any negative feedback (and, since I'll be away this weekend) I'll do the final release sometime next week.