[Gnu-arch-users] Re: 'baz get' interrupted, 'baz export' gives error

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: 'baz get' interrupted, 'baz export' gives error
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:25:50 +1000

On 18-Jul-2005, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Ben Finney <address@hidden> writes:
> > =====
> > $ gdb baz
> > GNU gdb 6.3-debian
> > [...]
> > (gdb) break panic
> > Function "panic" not defined.
> > Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])
> > =====
>
> Hmm, it's not supposed to happen this way. Probably your version of
> baz was compiled without the -g option, and the binary does not
> contain the necessary debugging symbols.

Seems likely. This is the bazaar package installed from Debian 3.1
(sarge); I believe most GNU/Linux distributions strip debugging
symbols from all executables.

> What happens if you type
> (gdb) break p<TAB>

A terminal bell. I presume that means no debugging symbols.

--
 \       "Firmness in decision is often merely a form of stupidity. It |
  `\    indicates an inability to think the same thing out twice."  -- |