[Gnu-arch-users] Re: those pesty .#blah emacs symlinks

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: those pesty .#blah emacs symlinks
Date: 30 Apr 2004 10:13:05 +0900

"Robert Anderson" <address@hidden> writes:
> I don't think much defense in the form of "well I like that because I
> always want to save before quitting" or "well you could always revert
> the buffers first, then it will allow you to quit" would or should
> fly.

Of course.  It definitely _should_ be possible to make arch silently
ignore these files, and I'm not saying you should deny your users that
information -- just that it's good to know (both you and your users) all
the details of what's going on, especially when disabling what's
essentially a safety feature.

It's very, very common for users to complain about a symptom rather than
the cause, and if it _is_ a deeper problem, maybe they'd actually be
happier if that were fixed instead.  Even expert users can do this, as
nobody's an expert on everything.

-Miles
--
Any man who is a triangle, has thee right, when in Cartesian Space, to
have angles, which when summed, come to know more, nor no less, than