Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:27:13 -0400

>> In lists.arch.users, sRp wrote:

>> > It wouldn't hurt to change the aclocal.m4 so that the the correct
>> > version of libneon is reported.
>>
>> If you're willing to grab a copy of address@hidden/
>> tla--newneon--1.2, fix up the version, delete the resulting autocrap
>> and then test http/dav down and dav up, you would be so cool!
>>
>> More mundane issues should wait until Tom is back to normal and resumes
>> his
>
> Given the above it seems little worth my time.
>
>> Just to make sure we're on the same page, does 1.2.0 supports DaV
>> uploading? That might be one of the things that qualifies.
>
> There's always been r/w support through DAV, including back to the
> with-ftp implimentation.

Then that qualifies for a pre-2, as 1.2.1pre1 breaks something that was
otherwise working in 1.2.0.

>> This doesn't seem to be branched off of my tla--newneon. Would I be
>> correct in assuming it's a branch off of address@hidden / tla--devo--1.2 ?

> Yes, hopefully this wasn't incorrect as i haven't always been keeping up
> with the list. I tried briefly searching for what became of "THE GAME",
> but didn't really seem to find any messages saying who the gate keepers
> are.

That's still coming. Asuffield has written most (if not all) of the bug
system. I would expect that "the game" will commence once Tom gets back
up to speed.

You've already done a lot, but would you be willing to create a changeset
off of tla--newneon--1.2? I ask because I imagine that your fix would
hide behind a bunch of other changes between 0.24 and 0.25.4

Regards,
James

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!