Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1

From: Scott Parish
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:34:31 +0000

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:23:58PM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:

> In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 02:41:53AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> >
> >> As such, I have put together tla-1.2.1pre1. This version of tla has
> >> libneon .25.5 included. I have tested downloading with HTTP and WebDAV,
> >> and they seem to work fine. Uploading with WebDAV has not been tested.
> >
> > It wouldn't hurt to change the aclocal.m4 so that the the correct
> > version of libneon is reported.
>
> If you're willing to grab a copy of address@hidden/
> tla--newneon--1.2, fix up the version, delete the resulting autocrap
> and then test http/dav down and dav up, you would be so cool!
>
> I'll file it away in the newneon branch for Tom to review when he is
> back to normal. As for me, I don't have any intentions of cutting a
> pre-2 unless A) another vulnerability shows up or B) the new neon is
> breaking things that can be solved without making significant changes to
> tla.
>
> More mundane issues should wait until Tom is back to normal and resumes
> his

Given the above it seems little worth my time.

> > If you'd like, i've had a version that's been tested with uploading also
> > (sorry, i emailed Lord privately, but was unable to get messages through
> > to the list because of some mail server setup issues):
>
> Just to make sure we're on the same page, does 1.2.0 supports DaV
> uploading? That might be one of the things that qualifies.

There's always been r/w support through DAV, including back to the
with-ftp implimentation.

> > address@hidden/tla--neon--1.2--patch-1
> > http://software.srparish.net/archives/address@hidden/
>
> This doesn't seem to be branched off of my tla--newneon. Would I be
> correct in assuming it's a branch off of address@hidden / tla--devo--1.2 ?

Yes, hopefully this wasn't incorrect as i haven't always been keeping up
with the list. I tried briefly searching for what became of "THE GAME",
but didn't really seem to find any messages saying who the gate keepers
are.

sRp

--
Scott Parish