Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla missing" for an archive

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla missing" for an archive
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:06:58 -0400

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 01:35:33AM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Now,  I'd  like an  optimized  version,  doing  this just  looking  at
> patch-logs, without getting a local tree first.
>
> Do you  think there  is a simple  way to  do this without  hacking tla
> itself ?

I think doing it with only archive patch logs would be very annoying.
Remember, the test you're doing needs the complete set of patches present,
but archive logs only list incremental changes, so you'd have to scan back
through the whole history of the branch.  If your archive is remote, this
could easily be far slower than just making a temporary tree, if you've got
any local revlib or something to use.

-Miles
--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))