Re: Common merge request format (was: [Gnu-arch-users] Preferences for b

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: Common merge request format (was: [Gnu-arch-users] Preferences for branching in merge submissions?)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:31:19 -0400

Robin Green:
> In the absence of a global authoritative keyserver, it is a convenient way
> to transmit a public key. I wouldn't have thought of it if jblack hadn't
> asked me for a keyserver name and key ID so he could look up my public key.
> What a rigmarole! Let's just insert headers pointing to a direct download f=
> or our keys. Much simpler!

I think this is going to be a moot point in the near future. There's
only one keyserver out there (That I'm aware of) that works with gpg, has
subkey support and is a public resource -- subkeys.pgp.net.

As such, the archive registry at SC is going to inform people that the
supplied keyIDs, if any, will be downloaded from subkeys.pgp.net.

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!