Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Proposed LDAP schema for gnuarch.org

From: David Snopek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Proposed LDAP schema for gnuarch.org
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:47:30 -0500 (CDT)

James Blackwell said:
> Today I spent a bit of time putting together a prospective schema for
> gnuarch.org. The long term intention of this schema is to build an
> arch-centric competitor to sourceforge.

I would be very interested in such work.  I have started (lazily) setting
up something like it for my own projects.  I use the sftp hack I describe
on the wiki (http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Centralized_20Development).
This way there are directories like:

/home/archives/project1/
/home/archives/project2/

That are owned by groups "project1" and "project2".  For anonymous access
they are also exported via HTTP with aliases project1.arch.domain.com and
project2.arch.domain.com.

I use GForge and was eventually going to try and hack some support for
Arch.  It would be obscenely simple: just changing the text explaining how
to get the code and the link to browse it online.

Thank you.
  -- David Snopek

Satellite Computing Solutions, LLC