Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Patch] Underscores in 'make-archive' e-mail

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Patch] Underscores in 'make-archive' e-mail
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:55:58 +0100

Frithjof Engel wrote:

Yes, you are right. I did not test for that.

Well, not so right :-). Having read the remarks Jan made about Jean's patch, I looked at rfc 2822 and learned that the domain part of an e-mail address does not at all have the restrictions that a DNS domain has, although in practice an e-mail address such as "address@hidden" would probably be refused by most of the existing e-mail systems.

So, aside that I find a bit confusing that char_is_alnum_or_dash(c) also accepts underscores, I have nothing to say against your solution.

Robin