Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Namespace

From: Jean Helou
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Namespace
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:43:35 +0100

Jan Hudec wrote:

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:37:26 +0100, Jean Helou wrote:
[sniped]
You will probably have to fix one more place, that is if _ should be
accepted on the start of a line too. See bug 72
(http://bugs.gnuarch.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=72).
                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <address@hidden

I have had a quick look at this bug and at the corresponding code. There are two things which surprise me: -inv-ids.c uses regexps, while namespace.c doesn't. Wouldn't it be better if regexps were used everywhere ? -inv_ids.c has no connections with namespace.(c|h) I had assumed that namespace.c was handling all namespace validation, using the patch I posted up there might actually break tla :(

I will look a bit deeper to see if I can find a way to make inv-ids use the namespace.h methods for namespace validation, which would only be justice :) (And I will use this occasion to try and add support for '+' in email adresses prefix)

cheers,
Jean