[Gnu-arch-users] New script for tlacontrib: shrink-library

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] New script for tlacontrib: shrink-library
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:57:47 +0100

Hello All,

I had an enhanced version of prune-library laying around for a while, so
I finaly got around to submit it. I have this script in my crontab to
run every day early in the morning.

    shrink-library: Remove revisions older than some time from tla revlib.

    Usage: shrink-library [age]
        age     It can be a number (in seconds by default) with optional suffix
                m for minutes, h for hours or d for days and w for weeks.

    This script will remove all revisions from a library, that were not accessed
    for a specified period of time, except it won't remove latest revision of
each
    version. Default age is 4 weeks.

    This script is intended to be run from crontab once a while, but of course
can
    be run manualy too. With argument 0 it will behave just as prune-library.

Note: The script prints out every version it's removing. So when you
crontab it and don't redirect output to /dev/null, cron will mail you
this list (thus you know it works and what it deleted).

The script is in address@hidden/tlacontrib--bulb--1.2--patch-30