Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Losing information in *.rej

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Losing information in *.rej
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:32:22 -0500

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 07:30:21AM -0700, Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:
> >Not tested, but I think this could be resolved if *.rej files were
> >added to the "unrecognized" pattern in ./{arch}/=tagging-method.
>
>   That works in the short term, but in the long term, I'd think you'd
> want to be able to make tla smart enough to ignore .rej changes that
> have already been integrated.

I don't really think tla should ever do this automatically, but having a
command/script that tries `patch --dry-run -R' on all .rej files and
automatically deletes those that apply without error would be a useful thing,
especially if tla is nice enough to warn you about the situation.

I think I'll write one of those for tla-tools.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.