gnowsys-help

Re: [Gnowsys-help] Installation of Zope and Python script for query gene

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: Re: [Gnowsys-help] Installation of Zope and Python script for query generation
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:57:39 +0530

On 10/13/07, Saurabh Gupte <address@hidden> wrote:

we are doing project for development of
question-answer system.
we have installed the gnoware dvd. so we have zope 2.6
and zope2.8 instance installed on our machine.
to proceed further, we have some queries :

1. though instance of zope is created successfully, we
get the following error :

address@hidden:/usr/local/Zope2.8-instance/bin$ sudo
../runzope
/usr/local/python-2.4.3/lib/python2.4/whrandom.py:38:
DeprecationWarning: the whrandom module is deprecated;
please use the random module
  DeprecationWarning)

these are only warnings.  did you try accessing the server on localhost:<portNumber>,  check the documentation on the DVD to know which port.
All the scripts and tempaltes used for the portal are present right there.

It seems what you need is an introduction to Zope.  Did you learn Zope? You can learn that from this installation it self.

Please update me on your understanding on Zope.

If several of you feel that you need a tutorial, then I can conduct one tutorial on say friday at hbcse for all those who need an introduction.

Nagarjuna