gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] Installation of 5.5

From: Pedro M.
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] Installation of 5.5
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:24:44 +0000

address@hidden escribió:

On Wed Nov 12 2003 [or perhaps not] at 23:57:51 (-0500), Jeff Menzie wrote:
New to Linux, so I might be missing the obvious.

I have a one HD computer. I resized the NTFS partition that was on and left
several gigabytes free. Booted Gnoppix and ran the install script. With it,
I was able to set up Linux partitions [normal and swap, type 82 and 83]. But
once I save the changes and click quit, the script only brings me back to
the partition tool; I'm not able to get past that point.

How did you do that?  When I tried to install Gnoppix to HD it just
repartitioned my hard disk, thus wiping out all the data on my windows
partition.

Is there a new installation script?

Paul

Try the www.morphix.org HD installation script. It works fine.