gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] Beta 3 US - Boot problem

From: fabrice
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] Beta 3 US - Boot problem
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:20:28 -0000

Hi folks !!

first of all thank you for all the good job done. Please go on !!
I just downloaded and burnt the Beta3 US ISO but it can't boot.

I mounted the iso in loop mode and noticed there is no boot.img file, the
boot.cat file is created but empty. Is that normal ?

Beta2 booted fine, so my DVD driver is properly configured. Any trick I
wouldn't know for the beta3 ?

Btw, in beta2, when I installed gnoppix to my hd, I couldn't see the gnome
icons. I saw this bug had been identified. Has it been fixed in the beta3
release ? Is a hd install possible now ?

Thanks for your answers, and again my congratulations for this distro.

Fabrice.