gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] SATA port at VIA KT600

From: Peter Weilbacher
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] SATA port at VIA KT600
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:21:52 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Andreas Mueller wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:49:03AM +0100, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>
> > This is a MSI KT6 Delta LSR which has a VT8237 IDE/SATA chip as part of
> > the KT600 chipset.
>
> You have to wait for kernel 2.6 in 2.4 SATA and VT8237 isnt supported.

Any possibility to add the libata patch
<ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/>?
Or do you think that's to risky or not enough space left? What's the
timescale to switch to Kernel 2.6?

Or is there some way I could do that myself, does the "Knoppix Custom
Kernel Howto"
<http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixCustomKernelHowto>
procedure in combination with the "Knoppix Remastering Howto"
<http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto>
also work for _Gnoppix_? That would also solve the problem below.

> > As this is a low volume list, let me add the second question in the same
> > message. I am looking for a module to read out temperatures etc from the
> > Winbond W83697hf chip? Other distributions seem to carry a kernel
> > modules called w83781d that supports it...
>
> I have to check it out, plase send me a bug with the BTS.

OK, done.
--
Cheers,
   Peter.