gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] Release engineering

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] Release engineering
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:39:13 +0200

Am Fr, 2003-09-26 um 10.29 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Quenot:
> * gnoppix.org home page claims that 0.5.4-2 is the latest version
>
> * Some mirrors provide 0.5.5-2 which is nowhere documented

  This more a gnoppix-www issue as I didn't have time to update the site
since monday and as our web genius seems to be disappeared two weeks
ago. Volunteers?

> * I didn't receive announcement about 0.5.4-2 or 0.5.5-2

  Bad release engeneering, indeed.

> * Most mirrors are not synchronized

  That's gnoppix-mirror-stuff, please post to that list as the mirrors
were asked to subscribe it to have an easy way of taling to them.

> I  would be  glad to  assist the  Gnoppix Team  in setting  up a  decent
> release  engineering, with  proper  integration on  the gnoppix.org  and
> savannah.nongnu.org websites.
>
> Please tell me what to do.  I want to help ;)

  Website volunteer?

Regards,
  Sven
--