Re: gnokii 0.6.30

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.30
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:58:55 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 03:30, Noel Butler <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 10:52 +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > reports. Is this redirection to stderr anyhow harmful?
>
> If people use scripts that expect a certain return it might.

Honestly, if the script relies on stderr output, I'd call it broken...

> If it is not easy to give it a config option, perhaps make the warnings
> silent unless in debug mode? and whilst we are on that, maybe the same for

Why not just 2>/dev/null ?

> the  search paths for gnokiirc which IIRC also prints out stuff, we had to

Well, the config files handling is in libgnokii and is quite general.
gnokii-errors is specific to gnokii app. However, now I think putting
it into config file, might be fairly easy. Stay tuned.

> make symlinks to shut it up so our script would work happily :)  but this is

Creating $HOME/.cache/gnokii/ was out of question?

> not optimum to keep making symlinks or directories when it's apparently not
> crucial to its operation?

Agree here :)