Re: Nokia 3200 not connecting

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: Nokia 3200 not connecting
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:06:44 +0200

Hi,

On Jul/31/2008, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 13:44, Carles Pina i Estany <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'm also playing with a Nokia 3200 with a CA-53 cable (replacement of
> > DKU-2).
> >
> > connection = dku2
>
> Do you have kernel module loaded?

No, I didn't have

> > So I have libusb supported enabled.
>
> But you don't use connection type to use it.

I have had some problems compiling the Kernel module. I see here:
http://www.gnokii.org/docs.shtml#dku2

That it says "The recommended way to communicate over DKU-2 cable is to
use gnokii userspace libusb driver." So I understand that the preferred
way is:
connection = dku2libusb

Now I get:
----------
carles:/etc# LANG=c gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.6.26
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 3110
port = 1
connection = dku2libusb
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 1
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device USB
Couldn't open PHONET device: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.
carles:/etc#

Any suggestions for Nokia 3200 as I said in subject?

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info