Re: Nokia 3200 not connecting

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: Nokia 3200 not connecting
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:24:53 +0200

Hello,

On Aug/01/2008, Pawel Kot wrote:

> [...]
> > That it says "The recommended way to communicate over DKU-2 cable is to
> > use gnokii userspace libusb driver." So I understand that the preferred
> > way is:
> > connection = dku2libusb
>
> That's right.

easier than compile :-)

> > model = 3110
>
> That doesn't match your phone. Use
> model = series40

changed!

> > Any suggestions for Nokia 3200 as I said in subject?
>
> If it still doesn't work please provide lsusb -vvv output before and
> after running gnokii --identify (if they differ)

Attached I send:
unplugged.txt: lsusb when cable is not plugged
plugged.txt: lsusb after plugging the cable
gnokii_identify: output of gnokii --identify
after_identify: lsusb after executing gnokii --identify

After plug the cable, in /var/log/messages I see:
Aug  1 15:17:39 carles kernel: usb 1-3: new low speed USB device using
ohci_hcd and address 13
Aug  1 15:17:40 carles kernel: usb 1-3: new low speed USB device using
ohci_hcd and address 14
Aug  1 15:17:41 carles kernel: usb 1-3: new low speed USB device using
ohci_hcd and address 15
Aug  1 15:17:41 carles kernel: usb 1-3: new low speed USB device using
ohci_hcd and address 16

(I had some USB modules loaded but I've unloaded and lsusb, etc. doesn't
change).

The cable is original from Nokia and it says:
"NOKIA
TYPE-CA-53
"

Thank you very much for all your help,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info