Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB

From: Arnold Troeger
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 15:43:35 +0700

Jari Turkia wrote:
Arnold Troeger wrote:
I've been doing some research on gnokii and the N95, and haven't found anything much. Can anyone tell me if they have gnokii working with the n95, or baring that, what the plans are for getting gnokii working with it?

Gnokii on S60 is supported by an application on the mobile end (Gnapplet). It seems that the native protocol on a S60 device is not very usable for anything else except transferring your own handler to the mobile.

Nobody else then me has indicated any interest in developing such application based on the S60 2nd ed version.

The problem is that current Gnapplet version (for S60 2nd ed.) has been developed with Linux tools and I have zero experience with them. All professional Symbian development is based on Windows-tools (which are freely available on the net). So, unfortunately there are no results yet.

Regards,
Jari Turkia