Re: Model entry for 2125

From: chris burgess
Subject: Re: Model entry for 2125
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:26:51 +1300

Thanks Pawel

From some reading (eg this link [0], search for paragraphs marked 0041) it appears that CDMA networks (can?) route messages without an SMSC defined in the message headers. From what I can tell, the device doesn't need to specify the SMSC, because the CDMA network can.

This may vary between CDMA networks, of course, or it might be a "feature" of CDMA worldwide. Eg note that WM5 has all SMSC functions disabled on CDMA devices [2].

I think the message "unable to get SMSC" led me to assume that providing an SMSC would help the device to send.

gnokii --sendsms does get a "send succeeded" message back from the device [1], but the message never gets delivered. Most other commands don't work.

If gnokii is unable to read the SMSC from the device, does it set an SMSC header at all?

[0] http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?WO=2003%2F090486&IA=WO2003%2F090486&DISPLAY=DESC
[1] http://pastebin.ca/840908 (see also http://pastebin.ca/840886 for other testing)
[2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms881343.aspx