Nokia 6110nav: UNHANDLED FRAME RECEIVED using phonebook

From: Bradley Baetz
Subject: Nokia 6110nav: UNHANDLED FRAME RECEIVED using phonebook
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:31:18 +1000

Hi,

I recently got a new Nokia 6110nav (Note - apparently unrelated to the
older 6110; nokia just reused the model number) Its connected via a
DKE-2 USB cable that came with the phone.

I'm trying to use xgnokii to restore my contact list that I backed up
from my old phone, but even simple things like |gnokii --getphonebook
ME 0| gives 'UNHANDLED FRAME RECEIVED' errors. (see attached file)

I tried using the AT driver, but that just gives me "Telephone
interface init failed: Function or connection type not supported by
the phone." as an error.

This happens both with the Fedora-7 0.6.14 as well as the 0.6.17
tarball compiled locally.

It is managing to talk to the phone - xgnokii shows the batter status,
and I can send SMSs without problems - it just seems to be phone book
manipulation that fails.

Thanks,

Bradley