Re: [Multisync-devel] Multisync Nokia (Gnokii) plugin

From: Balint Reczey
Subject: Re: [Multisync-devel] Multisync Nokia (Gnokii) plugin
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:31:41 +0100 (BST)

 --- Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, [iso-8859-1] Balint Reczey
> wrote:
>
> >  --- Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:

> than
> > >
> > > This is not supported by the phones themself.
> Either
> > > using FBUS protocol,
> > > or usin AT commands, the phone will reject such
> > > entry. The questionable is
> > > who should take care of the number validation.
> > I've met this problem when syncing Ximian
> Evolution
> > and Nokia 6310i.
> > The Evolution contact list contained a default
> entry
> > for Ximian, and contained numbers like: (612)
> 555-111
> > I think, the gn_entry_sanitize should substitute
> the
> > numer with : +612555111, or at least eliminate
> '-'-s.
>
> Well, I can eat (, ) and - easily. When should I add
> + at the beginning?
> In other words: how do I recognize international
> number?
Hmmm...
OK, it is impossible, because we cannot say that if a
number is a valid international number with '+' prefix
then it is.

> > subentries in gn_phonebook_entry. Currently
> > gn_phonebook_entry can store a fixed amount (10)
> of
> > subentries.
>
> Right. It was set in the time when Nokia 7110 was a
> modern phone. See the
> comment there:
>       /* 7110 is able to have in one
>        * entry 5 numbers and 4
>        * texts [email,notice,postal,url] */
> But I definitely agree with you. I will take a look
> how much harm will it
> make to the API to change it.
If you change the API, please consider adding fuctions
for VCard handling that works on VCards contained in
strings instead of files.
Currenlty I use open_memstream and fmemopen to make
memory based streams, but I read somewhere, that the
libc in *BSD-s doesn't support it.

Balint Reczey

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com