Re: Nokia Series 60 Phones

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia Series 60 Phones
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:18:23 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:13:26AM +0100, Philip Scott wrote:
> I was wondering what the status of support for Nokia Series 60 phones such as
> my shiny new 7610 is? As far as I can tell, it isn't supported by gnokii as
> yet. I don't mind mucking in and writing some code, but I thought I'd ask
> about it before trying to reinvent the wheel.

Series 60 phones support is under development. There are minor problems,
but phonebook, calendar and sms handling parts are working. If you're
interested in this driver, you can use the cvs version.

> It is connected via a DKU-2 usb cable, and I've installed the usb-serial
> kernel module, and it is found. A device is made in devfs at /dev/usb/tts/0,
> but I at this stage I am stuck. I've tried getting a number of tools to talk
> to it, but all to no avail.

gnapplet currently isn't able to support cable connection (IrDA and
bluetooth connection is ok). If I'll have a little time, I try to
implement it, but testers needed.

Bye,
Bozo