Re: configure ircomm

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: configure ircomm
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:57:38 +0200

-----<cut>--------

> But i cant acess /dev/ircomm0 ,kppp reports ,,device is busy"
> ,gnooki falls down ,and my ppp connect scripts failed .So it
> looks that iconfiguration of <b>/dev/ircomm0</b>  is bad. Can
> somebody tell me what im doing wrong ?

if gnokii --identify works (does it?) I think your IrDA set up should be
OK. It seems something else (maybe gnokii?) is using /dev/ircomm0 while
you try to use kppp. So, when you want to use kppp gnokii or smsd should
not be running.

> I find in IrDa-Howto ,that i should edit /etc/irda , but i dont
> have any .

On my desktop with IrDA-dungle I have a /etc/irda.conf, on my laptop
with build-in infrared port I don't have it. As far as I can see it can
be used by irattach at start-up to give it the parameters it needs. But
if you give irattach those parameters on the commandline with
"irattach /dev/ttyS0 -s" I don't think you need a irda.conf

Aart