configure ircomm

From: Mark Kica
Subject: configure ircomm
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:19:12 GMT

I would like to connect to Internet via GPRS with my irda device
called serial dongle.

Information about it :

VScom IrDa serial adapter  , chip probably by Titan Electronic
,manufacturer signed it like [b]IR-200S[/b] what sounds like
Actisys's names ,mobile is Nokia 6510).

Well i build all IrDa modules in kernel ,and when i make
irddadump everything look fine it immediatly identify my mobile
,also when i try to use irdaping it sucessfully works - so it
comunicate on both sides.

But i cant acess /dev/ircomm0 ,kppp reports ,,device is busy"
,gnooki falls down ,and my ppp connect scripts failed .So it
looks that iconfiguration of <b>/dev/ircomm0</b>  is bad. Can
somebody tell me what im doing wrong ?

I do following :

modprobe irda
modprobe irtty-sir  (kernel-2.6.5)
modprobe ircomm

irattach /dev/ttyS0 -s

I put into modules.conf :

# IRDA Syncing with Mobile

alias tty-ldisc-11      irtty-sir
alias char-major-161    ircomm-tty
# IrNET module...
alias char-major-10-187 irnet

I find in IrDa-Howto ,that i should edit /etc/irda , but i dont
have any .

                             Thanks for your help

Link to device
http://www.titanelectronics.com/show/ir200s.htm