Nokia 6800

From: Chris de Vidal
Subject: Nokia 6800
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:43:49 -0400 (EDT)

I've been fussing and fighting with my shiny new 6800 and Debian Sid or
Knoppix.

On Sid, I tried with the USB cable DKU-5.  modprobe pl2303 didn't show
ttyUSB0 in dmesg but modprobe usbserial vendor=0x421 product=0x800 did.
However, minicom connected to /dev/ttyUSB0 didn't show anything and no AT
commands worked.  So I gave up on the cable, thinking it was one of the
older DKU-5 cables that didn't work (apparently the newer cables are based
on the PL2303 chip and do work).

So I booted a laptop with Knoppix.  Added these options to /etc/modules.conf:
options nsc-ircc dongle_id=0x09
alias irda0 nsc-ircc

modprobe irda
modprobe ircomm
modprobe ircomm-tty

Ran irattach irda0 -s

irdadump showed my phone sending this line:
Nokia 6800 hint=b125 [ PnP Modem Fax Telephony IrCOMM IrOBEX ]

All looked fine and dandy, so I fired up minicom and connected to
/dev/ircomm0, but again no AT commands worked.  Bummer.

Compiled Gnokii 0.6.3.  Created this /etc/gnokiirc:
[global]
port = /dev/ircomm0
model = AT
connection = irda

./gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.3
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Quitting.

Am I missing something?  Others on this list have said this phone works
with gnokii.

/dev/idal