[no subject]

From: noe lutz
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:55:29 +0100

Hy all,
Sorry for the unreadable message I've sent earlier

I am trying to send sms's with a nokia 3330 connected via
Serial port. I use GNOKII Version 0.4.3.
It worked very well with a nokia 3310 but someone stole it so I had to change cell-phone.

Configuration file:
[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 3330
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/sbin/
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200

[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

[sms]
timeout = 10

The phone is well connected because I can identify it:

# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
IMEI         : 350837808992599
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : NHM-6
Revision     : SW 04.50, HW 1004

But when I want to send a sms I get an error like that:

# gnokii --sendsms +41763432847
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Please enter SMS text. End your input with <cr><control-
D>:This is a Test
SMS Send failed (The current frame isn't handled by the
incoming function)

I also tried to compile the last version of gnokii:
gnokii-0.5.0pre2
But I get the following compilation error:

…
…
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnokii-0.5.0pre2/po'
: --update cs.po gnokii.pot
rm -f cs.gmo && : -c --statistics -o cs.gmo cs.po
mv: cannot stat `t-cs.gmo': No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [cs.gmo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnokii-0.5.0pre2/po'
make: *** [po] Error 2

I am working on an Intel machine with redhat 7.3 kernel
Version: 2.4.18-17.7.x

Does someone has an idea why it works with a 3310 and it doesn’t with a 3330.

Thanks for any help
Have a nice week

Noé