Re: source code related questions

From: roddi
Subject: Re: source code related questions
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:32:14 +0200

Am Montag den, 29. Juli 2002, um 23:49, schrieb Pawel Kot:

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 address@hidden wrote:

GSM_Info defined several times (should be extern in gsm_api.h ?)

Fixed.
Hm, sorry, no it's not. GSM_Info is defined extern in cfgreader.c and not extern in cfgreader.h. cfgreader.h is included by cfgreader.c, by tcp.c, by unixserial.c and some more. This means I get multiple definitions again.

I propose putting global variable definitions (without extern) like GSM_Info into a file called global.c and defining them in their header file as extern. Every module that needs a global variable includes the header file (extern definition) and links against global.o (non-extern definition) This should make the code better to read, too, because all globals are defined in one place.
This should also work for the glink problem.

glink defined several times (as far as I can see it's a bad idea to
define this as a global pointer in several places, gives you some quite
tricky linking issues. Better define it once and pass the pointer to
every function that needs it as a function argument)

Fixed. Or rahter workarounded.