Nokia 8310 / Gnokii CVS / fbus

From: lyaya
Subject: Nokia 8310 / Gnokii CVS / fbus
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:11:14 +0200 (CEST)

hi,

I trying to use gnokii with my 8310 via a fbus cable.
I have tried with the last CVS gnokii, with and without the Manfred's fbus
patch.

I don't really know what cable do i use. I am unable to say if it is
dau9p or dlr3. The cable only has 3 pins to the phone, gnd,tx,rx i think.

my .gnokiirc contains:
model = 6510
connection = serial
require_dcd is commented out
handshake = software
serial_baudrate = 19200

gnokii is unable to communicate with the phone (gnokii -identify)
the cable works with windows (and logomanager for example)
I am unable to communicate with the phone using minicom.
gnokii is unable to communicate with the phone in AT mode.

Could someone explain me what is going wrong with my cable.
How do windows softs initialize the communication via the cable ?

sorry for my poor english

thanks in advance

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 € TTC/min)