Re: Nokia 8310 / Gnokii CVS / fbus

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 8310 / Gnokii CVS / fbus
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:19:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> I trying to use gnokii with my 8310 via a fbus cable.
> I have tried with the last CVS gnokii, with and without the Manfred's fbus
> patch.
>
> I don't really know what cable do i use. I am unable to say if it is
> dau9p or dlr3. The cable only has 3 pins to the phone, gnd,tx,rx i think.
>
> my .gnokiirc contains:
> model = 6510
> connection = serial
> require_dcd is commented out
> handshake = software
> serial_baudrate = 19200

port variable is missing here. You just missed it pasting here or it is
missing in the config file?

> gnokii is unable to communicate with the phone (gnokii -identify)
> the cable works with windows (and logomanager for example)
> I am unable to communicate with the phone using minicom.
> gnokii is unable to communicate with the phone in AT mode.

I'm not the cable export but it seems your cable is NOT dlr3. Probably
it's dau9p, but it should work with gnokii then.

> Could someone explain me what is going wrong with my cable.
> How do windows softs initialize the communication via the cable ?

You can get and run the portmon to see the communication over the serial
port in windows.