Re: Fix EMS + concat message, cleanup gnokii.c

From: Pavel Machek
Subject: Re: Fix EMS + concat message, cleanup gnokii.c
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:26:19 +0000

Hi!

> > Bitmaps would have to return 4 things: number of bytes eaten in D,
> > bytes to put in D, number of bytes eaten in E, bytes to put in E.
>
> No, I don't think so. Bitmaps, just encode itself. Packing into some
> boundary is made by SMS layer - and it just needs bitmap size. Or am I
> missing something?

Okay, what bitmap does is just add some header then
memcpy(foo, UDH, bitmap->data). Nothing too bitmap specific. It would
be ugly to split memcpy from size computation. OTOH it might be quite
acceptable to move whole EMS handling into gsm-sms.c, if you prefer that.

> > That seems ugly to me, and AddUDH does not seem that bad.
>
> It seems as it add loop in the dependencies.

But that loop does not matter, C compiler can survive that.

> It's hard to call it an evening, but... ;-) I made some changes to CVS.
> First of all I decided to separate all Nokia-specific SMS stuff to the
> separate functions/files. It will clean up the sources a bit (but make code
> paths a bit longer). I don't think these changes broke anything yet.

Run make test and see for yourself ;-). Tests involving --ocat are expected
to be broken as those are only working in my tree.
                                                                Pavel