Re: last posts

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: Re: last posts
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 15:17:46 +0200

> This it what I knew - already tested long time ago. I was talking
rather
> about any other action that could be taken while waiting for the
response
> (eg. phonebook entry reading). But I suppose it is not possible.
Can be done (checked) and It's not forbidden in mygnokii2.

> Sorry Marcin, but your mbus2 module is ugly. I've looked into it, but
> I wasn't impressed too much:
> * why do you use checksum[2]? mbus2 uses only _one_ byte xor checksum.
Yes. I can change few lines to make them more nice. THX.

> * you detect the ack frame when you try to process the low order byte
>  of the length field. Before it you store the sequence number * 256
>  into message length
> * you won't check the checksum when you receive an acknowledge frame.
Seems, you didn't discover CORRECTLY format of MBUS ack.

> * sender checksum calculation: http://www.flosys.com/tdma says you
have to
>  avoid sending messages with the 0x1f checksum value (equals to the
>  frame header). Some phones won't acknowledge this message.
Didn't happen to me.

> Look into my source again and think about it. It's more elegant. And
> my source contains a small trick (DTR/RTS toggling) before sending
> a new message. Without it I'm not able to communicate with my 6110
> in MBUS mode (maybe a cable dependent thing).
With all respect. Wasting time for DTR/RTS before each frame is not
ellegant. Start correctly communication (not like in old mbus-6160.c)
and problems will gone.

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,