5110 on 486

From: Brendan Bispham
Subject: 5110 on 486
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:12:54 +0100

Hi,

I've posted this before but havent got any further, so I'd though I'd try
again...

I've got a 486 thinkpad with a slackware 2.2 kernel...

I can load gnokii 3.3 rpm and when I do gnokii --identify it gives the right
information but wont return to the command prompt (util I do Ctl-C). This
happens with every gnokii command, with 2 working phones and cables.

So I've downloaded and compiled various gnokii source (.4pre20 today) on a
Pentium II --with-debug and it creates ELF 386 binaries:
"gnokii: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped"
I'm assuming this means they should run on a 486..?

Ive then transferred gnokii and libgnokii.so onto the thinkpad and get
segmentation fault.

Since I cant fit a gcc compiler onto the thinkpad, what else can I do?

Thanks,

Brendan