Re: 5110 on 486

From: Pavel Machek
Subject: Re: 5110 on 486
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 20:51:14 +0200

Hi!

> I've posted this before but havent got any further, so I'd though I'd try
> again...
>
> I've got a 486 thinkpad with a slackware 2.2 kernel...
>
> I can load gnokii 3.3 rpm and when I do gnokii --identify it gives the right
> information but wont return to the command prompt (util I do Ctl-C). This
> happens with every gnokii command, with 2 working phones and cables.
>
> So I've downloaded and compiled various gnokii source (.4pre20 today) on a
> Pentium II --with-debug and it creates ELF 386 binaries:
> "gnokii: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped"
> I'm assuming this means they should run on a 486..?
>
> Ive then transferred gnokii and libgnokii.so onto the thinkpad and get
> segmentation fault.
>
> Since I cant fit a gcc compiler onto the thinkpad, what else can I do?

make test, that produces statically linked executable in
common/gnokii-debug. Easier to handle ;-). Test on pII to see it is
really problem with 486.
                                                                        Pavel

--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly.  However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa