Re: Marcin announces... mygnokii2

From: Robert Steinhäußer
Subject: Re: Marcin announces... mygnokii2
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:26:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:49:12AM +0200, Robert Steinhäußer wrote:
> > as much as you like, as long as your program stays GPL'd. Oh, and GPL also
> > means that you cannot sell the code/program ("free as in speech").
>
> You can sell the GPL-ed program (nobody forbids it), but you have to give
> the source too and it has to be GPL.

Seems like I caused some confusion here:

Important is the "free as in speech" vs. "free as in beer" note. You *can*
take money for distributing a copy of the code. As much as anybody is
willing to pay. The payment for the distribution of the code is regulated.

You *cannot* take money and give exclusive rights ("license" the
software), or sell your rights on the code. It has to remain available to
the public.

73, Robert
--
Robert Steinhäußer, DL1NC / N9KBK -- http://1409.org